Radio controlled signal priority system
Signal priority – gives priority to buses.
The signal priority system gives priority to buses in intersections where there are traffic lights. The system includes software in the vehicle computer Triveco 8, and a small control unit at the roadside.
Advantages with using the radio based signal priority system from Trivector System include:
- Optimised use of resources. A bus can gain up to 30 seconds at each intersection, and in a large traffic system this means the same traffic could be operated with a smaller bus fleet.
- Smoother bus rides with fewer stops reduce fuel consumption and pollutive emissions, and increase the competitive power of public transport.
- Simple and quick installation, at a low cost. No expensive cabling or installation of inductive loops required.
- No inconveniences for car traffic. Studies show that with up to 70 bus crossings per hour, no special arrangements are required to facilitate car traffic.
- Positive psychological effects and a political statement. Signal priority systems increase the perceived status of public transport and make it more attractive.
Contact persons for more information